Tuesday, December 24, 2013

2014 Is it Your Year???

Are YOU Really Going to Do It??? Here's the deal, mostly everyone who purchases a gym or club membership in January will not stick to it by the middle of February, if they're lucky they last that long. Why simple... In most cases it's a fad, that everyone makes. Secondly, the dedication, staying power, focus, isn't there, because most people don't have the right goals. They think they have a goal, but it's not. it's more of a "I WISH...." Wishes don't make loosing weight, getting fit, staying fit, and living a long life. NOPE!!! Most people don't stay with it long enough to see results start to take shape. Everyone want's the quick fix, and like I said in an earlier post, "THERE IS NO QUICK FIXES." So BURN OUT IS evident. Besides people have unrealistic ideas of what they want and how to get it. Be real with yourself, it's going to take time, and being healthy is a LIFE JOURNEY NOT A MIDLIFE CRISES. I strongly suggest take baby steps, and ask for help, create a support group. Hire a personal trainer, even just for a gym walk through and to write you up a program to meet your needs. This will at least get you started in the right direction.... MAKE IT HAPPEN THIS TIME!!!
Here's a progression segment, I've come a very long way, I was way to ashamed of taking pictures years ago. And this one is only from the last year. So I don't have a picture of how I really looked when I was hitting the scale at 195 lbs, and very unhealthy and unhappy. I'm proud of these pictures, simply, because for me, just being brave enough to take one, was a big step. I have met my small goals, and have made new ones, and are hitting each one head on. I'm working on me, I love what I do for me, and when all else fails I know that I got my own back. Being healthy and happy, is my treasure that no one can take. I've worked hard and long and can honestly say I'm so addicted to what I'm about. ~ Aloha PK

No comments:

Post a Comment